Bicol Express is a pork dish made rich and creamy by coconut milk . It’s very spicy because it’s cooked with lots of fresh green finger chillies.
..And it’s one of my favorite dishes. I love anything with coconut milk and bagoong! I think these two ingredients can make any dish delectable.
The past few days has been nothing but challenging. Challenging because I’m really beginning to get tired of staring at the four corners of our home. To be honest, I’m also getting tired of all the cooking and cleaning. Hay, I need to do something new or else I think I’ll go crazy.
I’ve been back to working out the last week of April. 30-minutes per day muna, syempre. It’s one of the things being advised that we should do everyday to be healthy and boost our immune system. Basically one of the ways to beat Covid-19, right? So I hauled my lazy ass and started doing it. Waaah, ang hirap mag-motivate ng self every morning. Kayo ba?
Tapos syempre, add more veggies in our diet. That’s why I paired this yummy Bicol express with steamed okra and Cauli Rice.
READ: Cauliflower Rice
It’s very easy to cook as well, just sauté all the ingredients and then simmer them until pork is tender. Hope you’ll like my Bicol Express recipe.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500g pork liempo, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 pieces green finger chilli, sliced
- 1½ cup coconut milk, I used Coco Mama
- 2 tbsp shrimp paste (bagoong)
- patis to taste
- 9 pieces steamed okra
- cauli rice or steamed rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté garlic and onion until onion becomes wilted.
- Add in pork liempo and cook until a little brown.
- Pour coconut milk. Simmer for 10-20 minutes or until the pork becomes tender.
- Add finger chillies and shrim paste. Simmer until sauce is reduced.
- Season with patis to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice or cauli rice and steamed okra on the side.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!