Pinakbet Fried Rice + Fried Liempo
- 500g sliced liempo
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying
pinakbet fried rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion,chopped
- 3 tbsp bagoong alamang (shrimp paste)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup squash, cubed
- 1/2 cup eggplant, sliced into half moons
- 1/2 cup ampalaya (bitter melon) , sliced into half moons
- 1/2 cup sitaw, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup okra, sliced into rounds
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Season The Fried Liempo: Season the liempo with salt and pepper on each side and let it stand for 30 minutes in the ref. Meanwhile, cook the fried rice.
- Cook The Pinakbet Fried Rice: Heat oil in a wok and sauté garlic and onion until translucent. add the bagoong and water.
- Add the squash and cook for two minutes. Add the eggplant and ampalaya and cook for 1 more minute. Add the sitaw and okra and cook until tender and water has evaporated.
- Add the cooked rice and toss until rice is fully coated with the bagoong sauce.
- Turn off heat and set aside. Keep it warm while liempo is frying.
- Fry the liempo in hot oil until golden brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!