Instant Pot Apple Cake
- 2 1/2 cup diced apples
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
You will also need:
- 1 cup water (to be used in the inner pot)
- Powdered sugar (to decorate the top of the cake) or vanilla ice cream to serve
- Toss chopped apple slices with cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk wet ingredients together: oil, orange juice, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ones very well. The resulting batter will be very thick.
- Grease a 7” cake pan (that’s where the cake will go into).
- Pour half of the apples in the pan followed by half of the batter. Spread evenly.
- Spread the other half of the apples, topped by the other half of the batter covering most of the apple pieces.
- Cover the cake pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Cook in the Instant Pot: Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot. Place the steam rack and the cake pan wrapped in foil.
- Cover the Instant Pot and press Manual, then High pressure and set cook time to 60 minutes. Once done use Natural Pressure release before opening the Instant Pot.
- Carefully take the cake pan out and remove the the aluminum foil from the cake pan.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes and then remove the cake from the pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve warm with a bowl of vanilla ice cream!