I wasn’t able to do an unboxing but one of the newest gadget in my kitchen is this: an INSTANT POT!
I’ve been wanting an Instant Pot ever since I first saw it in the market so I was really excited to have one. They said that cooking is gonna be easier with it and with minimal effort (and minimal time!) because it replaces 7 kitchen appliances and has 14 smart built-in programs that lets you cook your favorite dishes with the press of a button!
It’s a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steam, Sauté/Searing, Yogurt Maker & Warmer — all in one. I’ve yet to try the yogurt making ability, though –pero soon!
I wanted to try cooking a lot of dishes — mostly yung mga matatagal palambutin like Bulalo, Caldereta.. etc but the first recipe I tried is this heart-warming Apple Cake. Why? Simply because I love desserts!
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
This Apple Cake is very dense. It’s perfect sprinkled with powdered sugar or served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top or on the side. It’s a nice afternoon snack paired with coffee or a dessert to share after a meal.
Mommies, ano kayang masarap iluto using my Instant Pot next?
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 2½ cup diced apples
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water (to be used in the inner pot)
- Powdered sugar (to decorate the top of the cake) or vanilla ice cream to serve
- Toss chopped apple slices with cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk wet ingredients together: oil, orange juice, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ones very well. The resulting batter will be very thick.
- Grease a 7” cake pan (that's where the cake will go into).
- Pour half of the apples in the pan followed by half of the batter. Spread evenly.
- Spread the other half of the apples, topped by the other half of the batter covering most of the apple pieces.
- Cover the cake pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Cook in the Instant Pot: Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot. Place the steam rack and the cake pan wrapped in foil.
- Cover the Instant Pot and press Manual, then High pressure and set cook time to 60 minutes. Once done use Natural Pressure release before opening the Instant Pot.
- Carefully take the cake pan out and remove the the aluminum foil from the cake pan.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes and then remove the cake from the pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve warm with a bowl of vanilla ice cream!
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!