I wasn’t able to do an unboxing but one of the newest gadget in my kitchen is this: an INSTANT POT!
I’ve been wanting an Instant Pot ever since I first saw it in the market so I was really excited to have one. They said that cooking is gonna be easier with it and with minimal effort (and minimal time!) because it replaces 7 kitchen appliances and has 14 smart built-in programs that lets you cook your favorite dishes with the press of a button!
It’s a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steam, Sauté/Searing, Yogurt Maker & Warmer — all in one. I’ve yet to try the yogurt making ability, though –pero soon!
I wanted to try cooking a lot of dishes — mostly yung mga matatagal palambutin like Bulalo, Caldereta.. etc but the first recipe I tried is this heart-warming Apple Cake. Why? Simply because I love desserts!
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
This Apple Cake is very dense. It’s perfect sprinkled with powdered sugar or served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top or on the side. It’s a nice afternoon snack paired with coffee or a dessert to share after a meal.
Mommies, ano kayang masarap iluto using my Instant Pot next?
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Instant Pot Apple Cake
- 2 1/2 cup diced apples
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
You will also need:
- 1 cup water (to be used in the inner pot)
- Powdered sugar (to decorate the top of the cake) or vanilla ice cream to serve
- Toss chopped apple slices with cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk wet ingredients together: oil, orange juice, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ones very well. The resulting batter will be very thick.
- Grease a 7” cake pan (that’s where the cake will go into).
- Pour half of the apples in the pan followed by half of the batter. Spread evenly.
- Spread the other half of the apples, topped by the other half of the batter covering most of the apple pieces.
- Cover the cake pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Cook in the Instant Pot: Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot. Place the steam rack and the cake pan wrapped in foil.
- Cover the Instant Pot and press Manual, then High pressure and set cook time to 60 minutes. Once done use Natural Pressure release before opening the Instant Pot.
- Carefully take the cake pan out and remove the the aluminum foil from the cake pan.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes and then remove the cake from the pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve warm with a bowl of vanilla ice cream!
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!
Nakakaamaze ang daming pwedeng gawin sa isang appliance lang. Makes me wanna buy one for myself or for my mother who really loves to cook.This is very interesting ? That apple pie is perfectly made mommy Peach ??
Great recipe, my first Instant Pot cake!