Chao Fan with Fried Siomai
for the Chao Fan
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped onion
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 1 bunch of kangkong, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
- 100g ground pork
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp liquid seasoning
- ready-made siomai
- cooking oil for frying
- soy sauce
- chili garlic sauce
- Heat oil in a pan/wok. Saute garlic and onion until onion is translucent.
- Add the ground pork and cook until brown. Add the carrots and cook for a minute.
- Add the cooked rice and season with soy sauce and liquid seasoning.
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes, mixing well. Then add the kangkong and spring onion, cook for 2 more minutes.
- For the fried siomai: Heat oil in a pan and fry the siomai until brown and crispy.
- To serve: Scoop 1-2 cups of rice in your box/bowl, top with 5 pieces fried siomai.
- Serve with soy sauce, calamansi, and chili garlic oil for dipping.