As an individual, you must plan your meals often. Sitting down and preparing meals will assist you greatly in incorporating different kinds of foods into your diet. It will also ensure that your meals, whether planned daily or comprise weekly diet meals, have more vegetables and fruits. Eating more fruits and vegetables will assist you in reducing the chances of getting chronic diseases such as heart illness. Moreover, sticking to meal planning will ensure that you take the right foods in their required portions in line with dietary guidelines.
Planning meals vary from one individual to another. However, if you consider making a weekly diet plan, you will be surprised by how you will reduce preparation costs and stress when it comes to meal preparations. It will also help you to save time. You will know what to cook on each day of the week, thus saving you the stress of deciding what to cook each time. Therefore, sticking to a weekly diet plan will have the following benefits:
- You will save precious time since you will reduce the number of times you go to the store. In addition, if you have leftovers for any meals prepared before, you can turn them into new meals, thus saving more time.
- The other thing is that you will be able to eat healthy planned meals since you will not be making hurried decisions concerning what to eat. You will have time to prepare balanced meals adequately, thus promoting healthy eating habits.
- Also, planning weekly meals will save you from the stress of scheduling meals. You will be able to come up with meals that everyone will appreciate, since you will have time to tailor the meals to meet everybody’s needs.
- Moreover, a weekly diet plan will assist you in reducing certain costs, thus saving more money. When you are formulating the program, you will also include a list of things, for instance, the ingredients you will be getting from the store or market. You will therefore have to go to the store once to obtain these things. It will prevent you from impulse buying that may result from visiting the store severely.
How to Formulate the Weekly Diet Plan
When considering a weekly menu, it would be best to concentrate on one meal, for instance, supper, for the first two weeks. Also, consider the following steps when planning a weekly diet;
- Come up with a list of recipes you are sure about, since it is not good to develop and test new recipes. For this case, sit down with your family, and create weekly recipes that will suit every family member. It will save you from complaints that may arise from family members since everyone’s needs will be accommodated.
- Ensure that your plan incorporates different types of proteins. Eating the same kind of protein for every meal will create a sense of boredom. Therefore, ensure that you switch up the proteins to ensure they are not repeated.
- Proceed and formulate your list once you have known what you will be preparing. Be sure to include a list of ingredients to make it easy for you when preparing the meals.
- Figure out the ingredients and foods that are already in your store. If anything is lacking, you can proceed to the store and buy it. You can also make substitutions for certain foods such as proteins, to make the meals more interesting.
- You can then proceed and hang your weekly diet plan on the wall where everybody can access it.
- Proceed by practicing your menu. It will involve getting the ingredients you need and preparing the foods on the dietary plan. As you do this, make a note of what did not work and strive to do better next time.
- Follow your plan the following week and then come up with another weekly diet plan. Having two significant lists will enable easy rotation of the foods, thus making the meals enjoyable.
Planning meals every day may be hectic for some people. For this case, coming up with weekly diet plans may do the magic for you. For this case, take the unprecedented step of formulating weekly diet plans, and you will see the results.