I love Granola and since I’m also looking for a healthier alternative for snacks and breakfast I thought, why not make one myself?
This will also encourage peanutbutter♥ to load up on fiber. *wink*
I kinda adapted the recipe from Chichajo and just added a few ingredients here and there. I really don’t like measuring stuff..
- around 3 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup nuts (I used a mixture of Pili, almonds and sunflower seeds)
- 1 1/2 cups of dried fruits (I used dried apricots and raisins)
- 1/3 cups honey
- 1/3 cups canola oil
- Mix rolled oats and nuts in a bowl.
- Whisk honey and oil in another bowl until it becomes one thick syrup.
- Pour the honey and oil mixture into the oats and nuts mixture and mix well.
- Place mixture onto a foil-lined cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Cook in 180°C – 190°C oven for about 30 minutes stirring the mixture every 10 minutes.
- Once it’s done,place the cooked mixture in a separate cookie sheet to cool then add the dried fruits.
- Toss well and put in a dry container.
Voila! Your very own yummy granola.