I got interested with this dish when I first heard about it because I really think the combination rocks! The sweetness of the banana and saltiness of the bacon would balance each other out and there would be a wonderful flavor that would be created.So, what I did was scoured the net for recipes and found one that looked divine.
9 slices of Bacon
1 tbsp Cream Cheese
salt and pepper
- Mix the cream cheese, chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cut each banana into 3 and then cut it lengthwise.
- Spread the cream cheese and parsley mixture into each banana.
- Wrap each banana in bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill them in the oven until bacon is cooked.
- Serve warm
The taste is wonderful but the problem was when the bananas were grilled in the oven they got too soft…almost mushy.I was thinking of using unripe bananas the next time I try this recipe.