Tokwa’t Baboy is an all-time favorite Filipino appetizer. It’s also a favorite “pulutan” (beer-match) and of course, my favorite partner to my Arroz Caldo or Congee. You can make it out of any pork part you like but most of the time, it’s made of pork belly, pork ears, or pork face. I like mine out of pork ears because of the soft cartilage in the ears.
The sauce is made out of vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, onions, and ground pepper. I used to like my sauce a bit spicy so I put siling labuyo. But because of my acid reflux (LPRD), I avoid putting any kind of chili in my food.
I grew up eating this with rice as ulam too! Kayo ba? Madalas rin ba kayong mag-ulam ng Tokwa’t Baboy?
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
- 500g pig’s ears
- water for boiling
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 1tsp peppercorns
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 block tokwa (extra firm tofu)
- cooking oil for frying
- chopped spring onions for garnish
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- In a pot, add the pig’s ears, water, salt, peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for about 30-40 minutes until tender.
- When cooked, remove from pot and cut into bite size pieces.
- Fry the tofu in hot oil until brown and crispy. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Make the vinegar sauce: Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, onions, sugar, and ground pepper. Mix well. Adjust the taste according to your preference.
- To serve: Combine the pig ears and tofu in a plate. Sprinkle with chopped spring onion. Pour the vinegar sauce and enjoy!
Masarap din siya momsh sa Kangkong .Naku sarap nito lalo nat may sawsawan ??
How I love to try it. Yummy at affordable
Thanks for this recipe Ma, perfect handa ito may okasyon man o wala. Mas masarap itong pulutan with sawsawan na toyo na may sibuyas. Mas pinasarap !
Isa sa favorite ulam din namin ito saka pulutan siyempre he he.. Di pa ako nakapagluto nito, try ko nga magluto thanks for sharing this mommy peach…
Thank you for sharing this recipe Mommy Peach, isa po ito sa favorite namin mag-asawa . Itatry ko po ito?
Paborito ko din ito kapartner sa arroz caldo masarap n affordable pa ?
Want to pair it with arroz caldo, pwede din for pulutan. For sure everyone will like it. Ang sarap nito!! ?
Thank you sa recipe mommy, madalas din po kami kumain ng tokwat baboy, masarap lalo na pag mainit ang kanin.
Kakamiss ang mga ganitong Ulam.. solve na solve na ako kaoag ganito ang ulam.. Mas masarap uto Mommy peachy kung may Black Beans pa po ??
Isa ito sa gustong kong Niluluto ng Mama ko Bukod sa mura ang Mga lahok. Super Patok samin masarap din ito Mommy Peachy kung may Black Beans..