More like an attempt to cook Chicken Curry… I grew up without this dish in our menu mainly because my mom doesn’t like the taste and the smell of curry. My first taste of this dish was when I worked as a service crew in one of the local fastfood chains. The owner would give us our daily budget and the kitchen staff would cook whatever they like or sometimes when a staff requests for something that would be our food for the day.
One of the reasons why I cooked this was I really wanted to know how my chicken curry would taste like. Another is to save the frozen chicken breast in the fridge from being frozen there forever.
1 ½ chicken breast, fillet and cut into strips
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 medium carrot, cut into strips
8 pieces baby potatoes, quartered
2 stalks of celery, chopped
4 tbsp oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
3 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp curry powder
fish sauce to taste
- Pan fry the potatoes, set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion until onion is transluscent. Add chicken and fry it a little.
- Add water,coconut milk and curry powder.Stir.
- Simmer until chciken is tender.
- Add potatoes.Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add fish sauce to taste
- Add celery, bell pepper and carrots. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice.
peanutbutter♥ said it’s delicious.Sis agreed, it made my night…