I wanted to give her something that she won’t be able to buy or get anywhere else and so I thought of this special treat and asked my mom how to do it.
First thing you need are 2 ½ kg Tomatoes, of course. Plump and juicy but not too ripe tomatoes.
white sugar (you can use brown sugar but it tends to darken the tomatoes)
apog (carbonate) to make it chewy
- Boil the tomato in a pot for a few minutes.Just so you can take the skin off, remove the seeds and flatten it out.
- Wash two times with water then drain.
- Fill the same pot with water. Add around ½ cup of Apog.
- Soak tomatoes for about 8 hours.
- Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Cook in caramelized sugar for a few minutes.
- Let it cool and It’s done.You can put it any clean container and enjoy.
Isn’t this a very unique treat? Best done when tomatoes are in season.
Here it is packed and ready to be given to Jill.If you wanna see how it turned out,click here: The first live snack swap ever?
An entry for and .
My other RT post: Bedtime Books for Ykaie