300g whole wheat spaghetti
5 cloves of garlic, minced
6 tbsp olive oil
6 tomatoes, quartered
1 can of anchovies
2 tbsp of dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.Set aside.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil to infuse oil with garlic.Do not brown garlic.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes until tomatoes are cooked and much of the tomatoes juices have evaporated.
- Add anchovies and dried basil. Simmer for a few seconds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spaghetti and mix well until spaghetti is coated with the sauce.
- Serve with a sprinkle parmesan cheese and toast.
This is a great recipe for the anchovy lovers out there. Very easy to do and very few ingredients. I am not a fan of whole wheat spaghetti and just tried it because I know that it is very healthy. Well, I’m still not a fan and will still be using white spaghetti for future recipes.I didn’t like the texture of whole wheat spaghetti.