I love this dish because I love the sauce being infused with the flavor of the bell peppers. I also love chicken! I am always on the look out for new chicken recipes and although this is not new to me,it’s a staple in my family. By the way, you can also do this to pork.Just cut the pork to strips.
500g chicken pieces, I used chicken breast and wings for this recipe
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 large potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
200g pack tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 medium onion, chopped
2 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp fish sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Fry potatoes in oil then set aside.
- Heat oil in a small pot and sauté garlic and onions until onions become translucent.
- Add chicken and fry with the onions for a few seconds.
- Add water and tomato sauce. Simmer until chicken becomes tender.
- Add potatoes and simmer for around 2 minutes.By this time the sauce becomes thick because of the starch in the potatoes.
- Stir in fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add bell peppers and simmer for a minute or until bell pepper is cooked but not too soft.
- Serve with steamed rice.