Sweet and Hot, this Honey Sriracha Buffalo Wings is the perfect (Valentine’s Day) lunch with plenty of Bleu Cheese Dip to your heart’s delight!
Coming from a long weekend with a trip to Tagaytay last Sunday (which I’m gonna tell you about soon and with lots of photos too!) and a lazy Monday with low temperatures making it soooo much fun to lounge around in the living room all day, this Tuesday feels so much like a Monday and the start of a dreadful work week.
I feel the need to have that extra cup of coffee, more carbs than usual, and the willpower not to heed the call of my bed or the couch.
I wasn’t able to wake up a bit earlier and do my morning work out because it was cold and I felt the need to sleep more. Ykaie is already in school and Twinkle is taking her morning nap. It’s time to check up on e-mails, plan this week’s menu, and eat some breakfast.
I didn’t want the long weekend to end. I want it to start all over again. I made this Honey Sriracha Buffalo Wings with Bleu Cheese Dip last Saturday… and I want today to start to the point when these wings were just about cooked and we were ready to eat lunch.
I strayed away from the usual Frank’s Hot Sauce (a favorite at home!) and used Sriracha and Honey, instead. It was sooo good! A mixture of hot and sweet — just like how a Valentine’s Day should be (naks!).
So if you’re into buffalo wings and spicy things — well, may I suggest that you make this one of these days — Valentines’s or not?
Busy work week? I think I’m just gonna wing it..Print
Honey Sriracha Buffalo Wings with Bleu Cheese Dip
- 10 pieces chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- oil for frying
Honey Sriracha Buffalo Sauce
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp molasses
Bleu Cheese Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper to taste
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 oz bleu cheese, crumbled
- Prepare dipping sauce ahead of time to give the ingredients a chance to marry each other’s flavor. Just combine sour cream, garlic, bleu cheese, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, mix well and leave in the fridge.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Dredge the chicken with seasoned flour until coated.
- Heat -oil in a wok/pan and fry chicken wings until golden brown.
- Make the honey sriracha buffalo sauce by combining the sriracha, butter, molasses, honey, and vinegar in a large bowl and mix well.
- Coat each chicken wing with hot sauce mixture. You can brush it, put into a container and shake —just make sure you coat each one.
- Serve with celery sticks and bleu cheese dip on the side