This has been a personal favorite since I was a child. I love this with lots of tapioca pearls which my mom doesn’t like so this gets cooked often without the tapioca pearls. I would just put some on my bowl before eating .I love how the different flavors of the root crops and tropical fruits would marry with the coconut cream.
What really sets this apart from other desserts is the bilo-biloor glutinous rice ball.These chewy little balls tastes heavenly with the sweet coconut cream soup. To make the glutinous rice balls,what we usually do is soak 2 cups of glutinous rice with 2 cups of water overnight and have it ground in the morning.Then using our hands we’ll form the little white balls.
♥For the glutinous rice balls:
you can use 1 cup glutinous rice flour and ½ c water
2 matured grated coconut to get:
1½ cups thick coconut milk
4 cups thin coconut milk
Or you can use canned coconut milk if fresh is not available
2 pc sweet potato
2 pc Taro
1 pc Purple Yam
1 small cassava
100g ripe jackfruit
2 pc ripe plantain bananas,sliced
¾ c sugar or depending on your taste
1 cup cooked tapioca pearls
2 cups water
- Cut all the ingredients into bite size pieces.Roll all the glutinous rice dough into ¾-inch balls and set them aside.
- Boil the thin coconut milk and water and put the glutinous rice balls one by one until it floats in the surface.
- Add the cassava and purple yam. Simmer for around three minutes.
- Add sweet potato and taro. Simmer for another three minutes.
- Add sliced bananas and jackfruit. Simmer for one minute.Stir.
- Add tapioca and thick coconut milk. Simmer for another minute.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Serve hot or cold.