This was last night’s dinner. Peanutbutter♥ was craving for fish. Good thing we have Milkfish belly in the fridge. And the best partner for that fish steak?! Garlic Fried Rice,of course!
Filipinos eat large amounts of rice everyday.Sinangag or Garlic Rice is a favorite because it’s tasty and easy to cook.It is usually eaten at breakfast although it’s good to eat anytime of the day.Pardon the pictures,though. It was taken during dinnertime so it’s a little blurry.
5 cups of cooked rice
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp fish sauce
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sauté garlic for 30 seconds or until oil is infused with the flavor of garlic.
- Add Rice.
- Toss frequently for two minutes to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Add fish sauce and toss for a few seconds.
MILKFISH BELLY FISH STEAK
I love milkfish belly in whatever dish it may be. Last night, peanutbutter♥ wanted it plain salted and fried while I wanted something sauce-y. What I did was fry half of the fish and half of it became this yummy fish steak.
½ boneless milkfish belly
1 medium onion,sliced into rings
juice of 2 calamansi
5 tbsp soy sauce
a pinch of sugar
4 tbsp oil
- Combine onions, calamansi juice,soy sauce and sugar.
- Marinate the milkfish belly for 30 minutes.
- Lightly fry onion rings in a pan with heated oil.Set aside.
- Fry milkfish belly in the same pan until brown. Remove oil and add marinade.
- Simmer for a few minutes then add onion rings.
- Serve with garlic rice.
Our tummies were happy last night…
Don’t forget to join my Blogiversary Giveaway! I’ll be giving away some Filipino Snacks and mixes!