Filipinos eat large amounts of rice everyday.Sinangag or Garlic Rice is a favorite because it’s tasty and easy to cook.It is usually eaten at breakfast although it’s good to eat anytime of the day.Pardon the pictures,though. It was taken during dinnertime so it’s a little blurry.
5 cups of cooked rice
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp fish sauce
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sauté garlic for 30 seconds or until oil is infused with the flavor of garlic.
- Add Rice.
- Toss frequently for two minutes to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Add fish sauce and toss for a few seconds.
- Combine onions, calamansi juice,soy sauce and sugar.
- Marinate the milkfish belly for 30 minutes.
- Lightly fry onion rings in a pan with heated oil.Set aside.
- Fry milkfish belly in the same pan until brown. Remove oil and add marinade.
- Simmer for a few minutes then add onion rings.
- Serve with garlic rice.