Chopsuey is Filipino stir-fried vegetables. Originally a chinese dish, this was modified to suit the Pinoy tastebuds.
Author: The Peach Kitchen
- 250g chicken liver, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 baby corn
- 1 small bunch bok choy, cut into squares
- 1 small cabbage,cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, strips
- 1 red bell pepper strips
- 3 pieces shiitake mushrooms, cut into strips
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 beef broth cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in wok and sauté onion and garlic until onion becomes transluscent.
- Put in liver and fry for a few seconds then add water and soy sauce.Simmer for a few minutes until chicken liver is cooked.
- add all the veggies and cover. Simmer until veggies are cooked but not soft.
- Stir cornstarch in 2 tbsp water and pour in the sauce.wait for it to boil,to thicken the sauce then add sesame oil.
- Mix-well and stir to coat veggies with sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.