I adapted this recipe from AC of Confesion Nook but tweaked it a little to suit my taste. I always love a little sugar on my food and the original recipe doesn’t have any.Anyways, I was so stressed out the last couple of days and cooking is one way I can de-stress.
4 pieces of quartered chicken
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup yogurt
1 tbsp dried rosemary
3 cloves of garlic, grated
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp sugar
salt and pepper
- Combine olive oil, yogurt, rosemary, grated garlic, soy sauce, 2 tbsp sugar, salt and pepper and the juice of one orange. Mix well.
- Make some slices in the chicken to let marinade seep inside the chicken.Marinate chicken pieces in the mixture for half a day.
- Roast chicken in an oven at 220ºC for 20 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 190ºC.
- Baste chicken with leftover marinade from time to time.
- Continue baking until chicken is golden brown.
- Add four orange slices and continue baking for 5 minutes until the fruit caramelizes. These will be used as garnish.
♥ I made a dipping sauce for the chicken because I didn’t think the marinade made it in the chicken meat near the bone. The chicken pieces that I got were kinda big.
For the sauce I used the juice of the leftover orange, ½ tbsp of rosemary, 1 tbsp sugar, and ¼ tsp of soy sauce. Just combine the ingredients in a sauce pan and reduce until thick.