I adapted this recipe from AC of Confesion Nook but tweaked it a little to suit my taste. I always love a little sugar on my food and the original recipe doesn’t have any.Anyways, I was so stressed out the last couple of days and cooking is one way I can de-stress.
4 pieces of quartered chicken
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup yogurt
1 tbsp dried rosemary
3 cloves of garlic, grated
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp sugar
salt and pepper
- Combine olive oil, yogurt, rosemary, grated garlic, soy sauce, 2 tbsp sugar, salt and pepper and the juice of one orange. Mix well.
- Make some slices in the chicken to let marinade seep inside the chicken.Marinate chicken pieces in the mixture for half a day.
- Roast chicken in an oven at 220ºC for 20 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 190ºC.
- Baste chicken with leftover marinade from time to time.
- Continue baking until chicken is golden brown.
- Add four orange slices and continue baking for 5 minutes until the fruit caramelizes. These will be used as garnish.
♥ I made a dipping sauce for the chicken because I didn’t think the marinade made it in the chicken meat near the bone. The chicken pieces that I got were kinda big.
For the sauce I used the juice of the leftover orange, ½ tbsp of rosemary, 1 tbsp sugar, and ¼ tsp of soy sauce. Just combine the ingredients in a sauce pan and reduce until thick.
nipapak ko to kanina e. tsalap tsalap!!
Love the chicken, love the presentation. Looks like a great summer dish.
Yummmmm! That looks really good!
Thanks for your visit and the comment. 🙂
hi peach! thanks for the back link..yeah i think adding sugar will definitely make a difference! i like how you made slices on the chicken, para ma-soak up ung juices and u marinated it for half a day..i think this is a good idea if you use super big chicken legs..which u did..=)
thanks a lot!
uy mukhang masarap yan a.i hope to get to try it one of these days.
Love the orange and rosemary together – yum! We are always looking for new chicken recipes!
hello peachkins, yan pala yung roasted chicken na niluluto mo na nabasa ko sa plurk, pano ba pumunta sa bahay nyo? makikikain ako, hehe.
Sounds delicious and looks gorgeous! Citrus is one of our favorite flavors.
This looks so bright and delicious. I like sweet and savory food and cooking/baking is my way of de-stressing too!
This looks delicious. I love orange flavor. Thanks for visiting my site. Would love to exchange links with you. I'll add you to my blogroll if you add me to yours. Let me know.
Ohh yum that looks delicious and your photos are beautiful 😀 Carm
I am making this. ASAP.
The skin looks crisp and beautiful. Very tasty. Thanks for visiting my page, much appreciated!
Yum – I love anything with rosemary in it! And thanks for visiting my blog!