As promised, here’s the recipe for the Meatball Soup. I’m sorry this is so late but the shop’s been busy and peanutbutter♥‘s having his usual craziness. Plus there’s this new game in Facebook called Roller Coaster Kingdom where you could create your own theme park. They’ve been taking some of my time.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups beef/pork broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery with leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- leeks for garnish
- In a medium bowl combine ground pork, beaten egg, bread crumbs, salt, and parsley flakes. Gently stir until mixture is well mixed.
- Shape meat mixture into meatballs.
- Over medium heat, melt margarine. Add meatballs in single-layer batches and brown on all sides; drain meatballs and refrigerate while preparing soup. Drain off fat, add beef broth, 2 cups water, tomatoes, onion soup mix, sliced carrots and celery, parsley, pepper, oregano, basil, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Add meatballs; cover and simmer meatball soup 20 to 25 minutes longer.