It’s #PHLockdown Day 4. I decided I just have to do a day by day food diary, only the dayzzzz are way ahead of me.
I have again gone back to everyday, every meal cooking because everybody’s at home and they do nothing but — Eat, watch Netflix, Sleep, Repeat. It’s a good thing I was able to stock up on essentials and more before the lock down started. Ka-syokot kaya lumabas araw-araw noh!
I wonder how many days and how many dishes I can come up with ng hindi lumalabas with just the stocks that we have here?
Today, I cooked MENUDONG GINILING. These days, our food/ulam needs to have vegetables because we need nutritious food to boost our immune system.
At the same time kailangan din natin magtipid para ma-maximize natin ang ating savings. We don’t know how long this lockdown (Enhanced Community Quarantine) is gonna last, right? But of course, we don’t need to sacrifice the taste of our food, hence, my yummy MENUDONG GINILING.
It has potatoes, peas, corn, carrots, raisins, and tomato sauce. Of course, I seasoned it with Maggi Magic Sarap to make it more flavorful!
Kain na tayo! Anong ulam nyo today,mommies?
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
OTHER MENUDO RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 500g ground pork
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or 1 200g pack)
- 1½ cup water
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 sachet Maggi Magic Sarap
- patis (fish sauce) to taste
- In a wok, heat 2 tbsp cooking oil and sauté garlic and onions until onion become translucent.
- Put in ground pork and cook for about five minutes, allowing the meat to turn a little brown and bring out the oil.
- Pour in tomato sauce, water, and bayleaf.
- Mix well and add the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add peas and carrots, bell pepper, and raisin. Stir.
- You can add ¼ -1/2 cup of water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Season with 1 sachet of Maggi Magic Sarap.
- Simmer for another minute.
- Season with ground black pepper and patis to taste
- Turn-off heat and serve with steamed rice.
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!