Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies. It just gets too expensive sometimes. Today, I got two broccolis for P56[$1.19]..Yay!
One of my favorite activities in the morning is going to the market with Ykaie. [We live near the market, just a 3-minute bike ride]Since Ykaie turned two its has become almost an everyday thing. She loves going out and she loves going to the market. She loves seeing the different things being sold in the market. She points out the different kinds of fruits and veggies. This morning, she won’t let us leave the market without buying mangoes, one of her favorite fruits.We also checked out some remote controlled toy car, she wants a toy car because she saw our neighbor’s son playing with one. Her daddy promised to buy her one this week. Isn’t daddy sweet?♥
Going to the market with Ykaie kind of slows down buying and walking but it sure makes it fun. It becomes a learning experience for her too.
Righ now, I’m teaching her to eat vegetables because she only has a few that she likes. Broccoli is NOT one of them.Print
- 300g Beef Sirloin,cut into strips
- 2 broccoli heads,cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate beef strips in the oyster sauce for 10-20 minutes.
- Sauté onions in heated oil in a pan until onion becomes transluscent.
- Add ginger, continue sautéing for a few seconds then add beef.
- Fry beef for a few minutes until golden brown.Add 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until beef becomes tender.
- Stir in sesame oil and water-cornstarch mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add broccoli florets and stir to coat with sauce. Turn off heat after a minute. Be careful not to overcook your broccoli or it won’t taste as good.
- Serve with steamed rice