Yesterday was my niece Chellie’s 5th Birthday Celebration and we had a Dora-Mexican Themed Party. I am in charge to make the dips for the chips. This is one of the dips that I prepared. I got this from Donna of My Tasty Treasure but I tweaked this a little bit to suit my taste.
Sis and I have tried this dip several times during our movie bonding moments and it was phenomenal every time. Why don’t you try it for your self and see? Just add more cayenne powder if you like it with extra zing!
- 2 large white onions, julienned
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1½ cup sour cream
- 225g cream cheese,softened
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- Sauté onions in butter for a few seconds.
- Put stove into very low heat and continue sautéing onions until it becomes caramelized. It has to have brown color.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, onions,sour cream and cayene powder.
- Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Nacho chips.