I thought I’d make a separate post about gravy. This is because I love♥ love♥ love♥ gravy…. don’t we all? I see most people soak up their rice with gravy when they eat fried chicken at fast food joints. This makes the rice very flavorful and it leaves you wanting more…
This gravy recipe was made based on my preferences but I’m sure you’re going to love it too!
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups beef stock or 1 beef cubes & 3 cups water
salt and pepper
- Heat butter and garlic in a pan, preferably the one you used for your chicken or meat dish so it has all the drippings.You can add a few drops of canola oil to prevent butter from burning.
- Let garlic infuse butter with flavor.
- Make roux, by adding flour and continue stirring until roux is golden brown in color. Add beef cubes and continue stirring.
- Pour in water or beef stock and bring it to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This is best for Fried Chicken or Roasted Chicken!*wink*