When it comes to street food, I’m sure nasa listahan nyo rin ang fishball, kwek kwek, quekiam, tukneneng, at squid balls. Kasi naman, nothing beats tusok-tusok sa kanto! But now that it’s pandemic, as much as possible we’d like to stay at home and cook everything at home.
That’s why instead of waiting in vain for Manong, let’s just cook our own tusok-tusok street food at home and make homemade Fishball Sauce.
This Fishball Sauce can be used not only with fishballs but also with kwek kwek, quekiam, tukneneng, and squid balls. It’s very easy to make as well. All you need to do is to combine water, sugar, salt, soy sauce, flour, garlic, and pepper in a sauce pan and simmer it until it thickens. To make the sauce spicy, just add sliced siling labuyo or bird’s eye chili.
For the vinegar, just combine vinegar, chopped onions, garlic, salt, and a little bit of sugar. You can also add chopped cucumbers for kwek kwek or tukneneng — mas masarap.
May tried and tested Fishball sauce recipes din ba kayo? Share nyo naman sa akin para ma-try ko rin.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 1½ cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 siling labuyo, sliced
- Combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Cook in medium heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Adjust seasoning as needed. Put more water if it becomes too thick.
- Pour in a jar and serve with fishballs, kwek kwek, squid balls, quekiam, or tukneneng
♥ IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, KINDLY SNAP A PHOTO AND TAG @THEPEACHKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM (OR HASHTAG IT #THEPEACHKITCHEN). I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU COOK!