Lumpia are pastries of Chinese origin similar to spring rolls popular in the Philippines. It is made of different kinds of vegetables and usually eaten fresh or fried.
I woke up at 4:00am this morning not knowing why and I wasn’t able to sleep until 5:30am. I kept myself busy by cleaning some things in the room, careful not wake up a sleeping 2-year-old .When I was finished, I read a few pages of a paperback I’ve already read three times until I drift off to sleep again.
Now, I’m sleepy.. I wish there’s somebody to hug me much like the lumpia wrapper hugging those little pieces of veggies.
I hope you all had a good night’s sleep and are all having a great day.
- Lumpia Wrappers
- ½ head cabbage, chopped
- 100g green beans, chopped
- 1-2 swet potato, chopped
- 1 large Jicama, chopped
- 100g bean sprouts [togue]
- 1 carrot,chopped
- 100g pork, minced
- 100 shrimp, minced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 10 pcs native lettuce leaves
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp ground peanuts
- 4 tbsp garlic, minced
- Fry sweet potato until golden brown and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic and onion until it becomes transluscent.
- Add pork and shrimp and fry until cooked.
- Add all the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- The water content of the vegetable should be enough to cook them but if the vegetable is a little dry, you can 1-2 tbsp of water.
- Cook until vegetable are done. Constantly stir vegetables to prevent them from burning.
- For the sauce: Boil water, sugar and soy sauce.
- Stir cornstarch in 1 tbsp water and pour in the sauce.Wait for it to boil,to thicken the sauce
- To serve: Put 1 native lettuce leaf and 3-4 tbsp of vegetable at the center of each wrapper and roll.
- Top each Lumpia with 3 tbsp of sauce, ground peanuts and freshly minced garlic.
I can do without the wrappers,though. I prefer my lumpia naked….