This dish is a tribute to my mom who makes the best Beef Morcon in the world! This is my ultimate favorite mom-dish. It never fails to grace the table during special occasions, the first one on my plate too when I get food from the table.
Beef Morcon is rolled beef stuffed with delicious things.Delicious things like hotdog, chorizo de bilbao, boiled egg, ground pork and raisins..
The recipe for this dish is something that I want to pass on to my daughter and also something that I wanna share with you. If you are looking for something special you can make for your mom for dinner, this is it.
- 1 kg beef, sliced into ¼-inch thick, around 3-4 pieces
- 1 chorizo de bilbao, quartered lengthwise
- 2 hotdog, halved lengthwise
- 2 boiled egg, quartered lengthwise
- ♥ground pork mixture: 150g ground pork,1 bell pepper,chopped, 1 small onion chopped, raisins
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- juice of 3 calamansi [calamondin]
- 3 tbsp cooking oil + 1 tbsp butter
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 bay leaf
- salt to taste
- Marinate the beef slices in soy sauce-calamansi mixture for 1-2 hours.
- Place beef in a flat surface and stretch it a little.
- Arrange filling: chorizo, hotdog, boiled egg, ground beef, on one side of the sliced beef.
- Roll it up and tie with a cooking string.
- Fry rolled beef in a pan until outside surface is seared.
- In a wok, sauté onion in heated oil+ butter until onion becomes translucent.
- Add rolled beef, tomato sauce and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove cooking string and slice before serving.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms who drop by my blog everyday…