Can you imagine a hot, humid –sweltering day? How about a hot, humid– sweltering and STRESSFUL day?
Well, a warm bowl of Ginataang Mais will absolutely take off those stress away. You might think I’m crazy, a warm bowl of Ginataang Mais to comfort on a humid day? I most certainly am not– well, I might be,–a little..I just thought that you may sweat off those stress away with a warm and creamy bowl of comfort.
My mom prefers to eat this cold. She puts this in the fridge before eating it. What’s crazier is that she cooks a large batch of this and she eats this for merienda (afternoon snack) everyday!
Anyway, there were some gossips last night. Gossips that are too good to keep which I’ll be keeping anyway. Sssshhhhhh……
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups glutinous rice
- ½ cup jackfruit, cut into strips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 matured grated coconut to get:
- 1½ cups thick coconut milk
- 4 cups thin coconut milk
- Or you can used canned coconut milk if fresh is not available
- Heat glutinous rice,corn,jackfruit and thin coconut milk in a pot until it boils.Simmer until rice and corn is cooked.
- Add sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour in thick coconut milk and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Serve warm.