It was drizzling yesterday. Rain = Soup.
It’s always nice to eat soup on a rainy day. It’s very comforting……..like a warm blanket….and a HUG. I’ve been needing a hug since last week. With a shop to run, a two year old to take care of and no helper to help. I’m super tired and I’m not having enough sleep. I’m missing peanutbutter♥ too. But I guess this soup will do as a hug substitute for now.
Of course it’s so much nicer if you have meatballs in your soup. It makes it much more special. Almondigas are meatballs or bola-bola. It is usually served in soup with rice noodles called Misua. This is a family staple because everybody loves it. Ykaie eats a lot of this.
500g ground pork
1 carrot, chopped or grated
150 shrimp, shelled,de-veined & chopped
½ cup chopped chinese parsley [kinchay]
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
7 cups stock or water
1 beef cubes
100g Misua noodles
green onions for garnish
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs and mix well. Form into balls in a plate and set aside.
- In a pot, sauté garlic and onion in heated oil until onion becomes translucent.
- Pour in stock and wait for it to boil.
- Add meatballs one by one and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When meatballs are cooked, add in misua noodles.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chopped green onions on top.
Happy Start of the week everyone!