This is my top three favorite viand. My top one favorites are Crispy Binagoongan and Grilled Pork Belly.
My top two favorite is Squid Adobo. Normally, I’d cook this with pork belly pieces in them but to fit SBD, I put tofu and just a little amount of ground beef.
I love classic Filipino dishes like these. I can imagine a lazy Sunday barbecue with some grilled pork belly, lots of rice, hammock, trees and the whole family gathered in a place with rustic furniture. I think a rustic ambience gives a relaxed atmosphere.Print
String Beans Adobo with Tofu (Adobong Sitaw)
- 100 ground beef, lean
- 1 bunch string beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup tofu, cut into 1-inch squares
- Combine string beans, ground beef, half of the minced garlic, soy sauce and vinegar in a pot.
- Simmer for a few minutes and set aside.
- Fry tofu pieces in canola oil and set aside.
- Sauté half of the minced garlic in the leftover oil.
- Add the simmered string beans including the sauce.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce gets reduced and a little thick.
- Mix in fried tofu pieces.
- Seve hot.
This is a Filipino South Beach Diet recipe.