My top two favorite is Squid Adobo. Normally, I’d cook this with pork belly pieces in them but to fit SBD, I put tofu and just a little amount of ground beef.
I love classic Filipino dishes like these. I can imagine a lazy Sunday barbecue with some grilled pork belly, lots of rice, hammock, trees and the whole family gathered in a place with rustic furniture. I think a rustic ambience gives a relaxed atmosphere.Print
String Beans Adobo with Tofu (Adobong Sitaw)
- 100 ground beef, lean
- 1 bunch string beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup tofu, cut into 1-inch squares
- Combine string beans, ground beef, half of the minced garlic, soy sauce and vinegar in a pot.
- Simmer for a few minutes and set aside.
- Fry tofu pieces in canola oil and set aside.
- Sauté half of the minced garlic in the leftover oil.
- Add the simmered string beans including the sauce.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce gets reduced and a little thick.
- Mix in fried tofu pieces.
- Seve hot.
This is a Filipino South Beach Diet recipe.