The craving is real. I know.
Especially when you see someone eating Arroz Caldo right in front of you and you are on a Keto or Low Carb diet. Well, tapos na ang pagtitiis because we can now make a Low Carb version of our favorite breakfast-slash-merienda. Meet my Low Carb Keto Arroz Caldo made of none other than the versatile cauli-rice.
Cooking it is super easy — very much like cooking regular Arroz Caldo but with shorter cooking time because riced cauliflower takes,like, five minutes to cook. And it tastes just like the real thing.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
You can pair this with fried tofu or with Tokwa’t Baboy para mas masarap ang kain….
No worries about blood sugar rising because of the rice on this one and it’s perfect on cold mornings like the ones we are having the past few days….
OTHER CAULI RICE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Low Carb KETO Arroz Caldo
- 2 cauliflower heads, turned into cauli rice
- 6 pieces chicken wings
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 inch knob of ginger, sliced
- 5–6 cups of water
- 1 chicken cube
- 1 tbsp patis
- 4 hardboiled egg
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions
- 1/2 cup fried garlic
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot.
- Sauté garlic, onion, and ginger until onion becomes translucent and ginger becomes fragrant.
- Add the chicken wings and continue sautéing until a bit brown.
- Pour in your water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until chicken becomes tender.
- Add the chicken cube and mix well.
- Add the riced cauliflower. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes until the cauliflower rice is cooked and softened.
- Taste and season with patis (fish sauce) as preferred.
- Scoop into bowls and top with half a hardboiled egg, calamansi, sspring onions and fried garlic before serving.
- Enjoy while hot.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!