Over the years, we have done our mother earth more harm than good. We have polluted everything from the air to the water to the land. We have used non-biodegradable materials that has accumulated, we don’t even know where to throw them anymore. All of us wants to do something to save the Earth. We could start by joining the Do The Reuse Challenge.
What’s the Do the Reuse Challenge? It’s a 30-day commitment to give up disposable paper cups, water bottles, or food containers. Everyone’s welcome to participate (the more, the better!), and 9 families will be blogging about their experience on the Aladdin website. Even small things like doing the challenge make a difference.
Why do the challenge?
● Seven million barrels of oil are used to produce the disposable bottles Americans go through in one year.
● In the United States, 50 billion disposable water bottles are consumed per year; 137,000 per day; 1,585 per second.
● It costs about $165 a year to make drip coffee at home versus $636 to buy drip coffee at your local café.
● Unless we change our habits, 23 billion paper coffee cups will be thrown out in 2010.
● Nine dollars will generally cover a decent lunch out. If you buy rather than pack a lunch five days a week, you shell out about $2,350 a year.
You might be surprised about the impact reusing will have in your life. A hot cup of coffee in our favorite mug is more relaxing than a hot cup coffee in a paper cup. A sip of water whenever we wanted it is very convenient , specially if we have a kid with us and there’s not a store in sight. Plus, think of all the money you can save by reusing. Aladdin products made it easy to reuse because you will actually liked using them and they look really really nice.
Check out and like Aladdin on Facebook. You will be glad to know about how big the impact reusing already has done for the environment.