My South Beach Diet has taken a break this week. I’ve been eating nachos, pasta, some chocolates, fried chicken, creme caramel, super fudgy chocolate cake, rocky road ice cream and a whole lot more.
Today, I was reluctant to weigh myself to check if I gained weight because I might get disappointed but I still stepped on the scale this morning. I’m pretty sure I gained a pound or two. Surprisingly, I didn’t gain a pound and I still weighed the same as last week. Still 24 lbs lost since January! Oh, happy, happy me!
I can just totally get back on track tomorrow like this week never happened! Yay!
But I seriously still need to find time to work-out… I have to prepare myself for my upcoming “baking sessions” next year..LOL!
We’re not really fond of angel hair pasta. We’re more of spaghetti people but still, we gave angel hair pasta at least one more try…
300g Angel hair pasta
150g spanish chorizo, halved the sliced
1 small can of anchovy fillets
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp butter
½ cup olive oil
½ cup pitted black olives, sliced
grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package direction. Drain and set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat olive oil and butter.
- Sauté garlic until oil gets infused with the flavor of the garlic.
- Add chorizo and anchovy fillets.
- Continue stirring then add olives, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix in cooked pasta and make sure it is coated with sauce.
- Serve with a sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese on top.