Okay, just when it’s the day before our swimming, when we are going to take pictures wearing skimpy swimsuits and summer wears is the day I stuff my face with delicious and tasty noodles.
But hey, we are celebrating something today.
For you, LIFE IS JUST BEGINNING. Okay, it’s all I can do to not reveal your age, LOL!
I know, I’m sort of revealing it in that statement, anyway.
Happy Happy Birthday Ate Tess!!
Wishing you more Birthdays to come!
On a sidenote: Cooking mikibihon is the same as cooking bihon guisado only there are two kinds of noodles in it. I didn’t cook this dish today. Tita Luz did for ate Tess’s birthday.Print
Miki Bihon Guisado for Ate Tess’s Birthday
- 250g ricestick noodles (bihon noodles)
- 250g egg noodles (miki noodles)
- 4 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 medium onion – roughly chopped
- 1 carrots, jullienned
- 3 celery,sliced (optional)
- 1 cabbage,shredded
- 250g chicken or pork liver sliced
- 200g sliced meat – chicken, pork, shrimp or combination of these*
- 3 chinese sausage,sliced
- 250g beans, sliced diagonally
- 4 cups stock
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- additional stock or water
- calamondin/calamansi for garnish
- Blanch the egg noodles and set aside
- Soak the dried noodles in water for 10 minutes to soften and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large wok. Sauté half of the garlic and onion until transluscent. Add meat and chinese sausage and stir-fry for a few seconds. Add ¼ cup stock and simmer for a few seconds.
- Mix in veggies and season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for a few seconds. Be careful not to overcook the veggies.Transfer to a dish and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat remaining oil and sauté remaining onion and garlic.
- Pour in stock and season with freshly ground pepper. Simmer for a few minutes then add the noodles.
- If there is a stock left from the vegetables,add it in.
- Pour in soy sauce and toss until it’s cooked.At the end there should be no sauce left but the noodles should still be moist, cooked but not soggy.
- Mix in the stir-fired meat and veggies.
- Serve with calamansi/calamondin.Calamansi is to be squeezed into the pancit bihon before eating.