Curry is one of the dishes that I didn’t grow up eating. It was never cooked at home simply because my parents hated it. They didn’t like how it smells and how it tastes.
But even though I didn’t grow up eating this dish, I fell in love with it the first time I tasted it. Yup, it was love at first taste..LOLz!
There are many kinds of curries. The most common and the one I use frequently is the yellow curry powder, I think that’s Indian curry. I have also tried green curry but only in restaurants.
I’ve been seeing this S&B Golden Curry everywhere — mostly in Japanese Grocery Stores but it is also available in the local groceries. My tastebuds became curious…. how does japanese curry taste?
my daughter, ykaie and nieces Thea and Cyra
S&B Golden Curry is a traditional Japanese curry sauce mix with the best blend of herbs and spices. You won’t find a single word written in english on the box. I got the recipe from the staff at Hatchin.
And so, after six months of being curious, I finally gave in and bought a box. It is available in different level of spicyness. I chose the least spicy.
The verdict? Curiosity makes the tummy full…
I didn’t do what the recipe said, though. It was too strong for me. It felt like I was eating an armpit….. LOlz…..
The recipe said use that block of curry up there which was divided into four. I only used a quarter of that curry mix.
- 500g Beef Sirloin, diced
- 2 pcs potato, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrots, diced
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 part S&B Golden Curry Mix
- Fry potato and carrots until golden brown. Set aside.
- Fry beef sirloin for five minutes or until you can’t see any red spots anymore.
- Pour in water. Simmer until tender.
- When beef is tender, add curry mix. Stir until it melts in the water.
- The sauce will become thick and flavorful.
- Add more curry mix if you want the sauce thicker and more flavorful and add more water for thinner sauce.
- Add potato, carrots and green bell pepper.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve with steamed rice.
I ate mine on top of a cup of rice…
It was sort of a relief after a series of unfortunate events that happened in the last 12 hours….