Today, I made some Spam Musubi and I needed some Teriyaki Sauce for dipping.
It would cost me both time and money, two things I don’t have a lot of these days, to go to the grocery and buy one. So what I did is make a teriyaki sauce based on what I have at home.
Easy Teriyaki Sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 slices of ginger
1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tsp water
- Combine soy sauce, sugar and ginger in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil with constant stirring.
- Add rice vinegar. Simmer for a few seconds.
- Adjust sweetness to your liking by adding sugar.
- Only add cornstarch mixture if you want to thicken the sauce.
- I added 1 tbsp cornstarch mixture, then wait for it to boil again.
- Turn off heat and it’s done.