Crabs in Coconut Milk
I occasionally find myself craving for a good crab dish specially on certain times of the month.
And when these things happen, I would either cook Crabs in Coconut Milk (Ginataang Alimango) which is a favorite at home…
OR Go out and eat at a restaurant serving Chili Crabs or Crab in Sotanghon….
Today, I am craving for a simple crab dish. I want steamed crabs dipped in an array of delicious sauces! I wonder if it’s possible to get some Stone Crabs here.
Stone Crab claws are known to be filled with tasty and flavorful meat that is considered a delicacy that is why it is best eaten in the simplest form you can just so you can appreciate how scrumptious it is — BY BOILING/STEAMING IT.
It’s probably the easiest way to prepare them as well. All you have to do is boil a pot of water, then take the water off the heat. Add the claws to the water and leave them in for about 1-2 minutes, then take them out and rinse them under cold water.
I have a few recipe for Stone Crab claw dipping sauce which I think you will love. You can also use this with other kinds of crab as well.
- 12 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- Combine garlic, butter and lemon juice and microwave for minute or until butter is infused with the aroma and flavor of garlic.
- Add lemon zest and stir.
- Drizzle or use as dipping sauce
- 2 large red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. (190 C.)
- Rub the red pepper with olive oil and place on a shallow baking dish.
- Roast in preheated oven for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and place the roasted pepper in a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Let the pepper cool then remove the stem, veins, seeds and skin.
- Place in a food processor with yogurt, cumin, chili flakes and salt
- Process until well blended.
- Serve as dipping sauce
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- 4 tsp Horseradish
- Sweet Hot Mustard
- Juice from ½ a Lemon
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat thoroughly.
- Do not bring the mixture to a boil, just heat it up.
- Serve warm with delicious stone crab