Sushi Rice is used to make all kinds of sushi.
Sushi is a japanese dish made up of vinegared rice topped or rolled with different kinds ingredients such as meat, seafood, vegetables or some times, even egg.
To make sushi rice, you have to use Japanese Rice, popularly known as japonica. It is a short-grained variety and is very sticky when cooked.
Here’s how I made my sushi rice for the Spam Musubi.
1 cup Japanese Rice or Japonica
1¼ cup water to cook the rice
♥for the vinegar mixture
2 tbsp japanese rice vinegar
½ tsp sugar
- Wash rice with water several times until water becomes clear.
- Measure and add water in cooking the rice. You can use a rice cooker or you can cook it in a stove top.
- While rice is cooking prepare vinegar mixture.
- Warm vinegar in a saucepan to dissolve sugar.
- When rice is cooked, transfer in a bowl and pour vinegar mixture.
- Mix well to make sure that vinegar mixture is spread evenly .
- Cool rice in room temperature before making it into sushi.