You know how cravings come and go?
Like for instance, the way you crave chocolates, salty food, fatty and crispy bacon rinds, cake and ice cream?
Well, here’s a thing. Yesterday, I wanted to eat a color.
YES! A color!
Has it ever happened to you? You know, you just wake up one day and you wanted to eat something Magenta?
Yeah, I’m weird huh?
Anyway, I was craving for something YELLOW yesterday and my choices were either THIS or Cheeseburger Soup.
THIS dish won. I have one voter… and that’s peanutbutter♥. LOL!
I think he’s my no. 1 fan. Yeah.
Tomorrow… it’s definitely Purple.
I’m gonna eat something Purple.
If there’s a color you would like to eat tomorrow, What would it be?
This recipe usually uses evaporated milk to make it creamy. I just thought it would be more delicious if I use coconut milk instead
♥note: the coconuts at the market are unbelievably fresh today as the coconut milk that I was able to buy tasted really sweet. I had to add more fish sauce while cooking this dish.
- 800 g chicken pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1½ cup coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper,cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper,cut into strips
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 small can of pineapple tidbits
- Heat oil in a small pot, sauté oinion, garlic and tomato until onions become translucent.
- Add chicken and fry until it’s a little brown.
- Pour in the pineapple tidbits including syrup.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked and tender.
- Pour fish sauce and coconut milk.
- Stir and keep it uncovered while waiting for it to simmer.
- Add carrots and bell pepper.
- Simmer for 20 seconds.
- Serve with steamed rice.