The past few days has been all about chocolate mint ice cream, cinnamon sugar pretzel nuggets , street barbecues, sisig wraps, bacon and burgers.
And I believe I have to balance it out with healthy, mindful choices in the coming days.
I started it out this morning with this kiwi, strawberry yogurt and chia seeds smoothie.
It’s actually my first time to try out Chia but I’ve been hearing it’s the new superfood that one should be adding to one’s daily diet. I guess this makes my smoothie the perfect meal replacement, huh?
Here are the awesome reasons why you should consider adding chia seeds to your food.
- It is very high in fiber making it great for digestion and healing digestion issues.
- It contains high level of Omega 3 ALA, making it a super food for the brain and heart. Chia has eight times more Omega 3 than salmon! Can you believe that?
- It contains protein with all 8 essential amino acids.
- It is high in antioxidants.
- It contains five times more calcium than milk
- It contains seven times more vitamin C than oranges
- It is food for healthy skin, hair and nails
So how much chia is recommended? Nutritionist recommend 1 tablespoon per day. Not much…but realistically, I don’t think I could consume chia daily. First, it’s a bit expensive. That chia shot costs ₱69 and a big bag of it costs around ₱1,300. I could just take it from time to time when I need a health boost.
Oh, by the way, I got the Electrolux Blender I won from the Electrolux DiscoverE contest and that’s what I used to make this smoothie. Thanks ElectroluxPH! I super love♥ it!
Kiwi, Strawberry Yogurt and Chia Seeds Smoothie
- 2 kiwi, cut into pieces
- 1 strawberry yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp honey, optional
- Put everything in a blender and pulse until smooth.