Three days ago, this Breville Multi Chef cooker arrived on my doorstep. I was very excited because, well, kitchen gadgets make me excited. I know I could start cooking and experimenting with it as soon as I can shop for some ingredients to start.
While I’m waiting for grocery day to come, let’s open up the box and check out what this Breville Multi Chef cooker is all about.
You’re probably thinking that the Breville Multi Chef cooker is a rice cooker. Well, that’s yes and no. It is a rice cooker because it cooks rice. It is also called an advanced multi-cooker because it can make tender slow cooked meals, stir-free risotto, fluffy rice and quinoa all in the same cooking bowl. It also has a saute/sear setting, allowing you to caramelize all your lovely fresh ingredients.
This is what you will see when you open up the box. On top is the Breville Multi Chef manual which contains instructions on how to clean and operate this kitchen gadget.You’ll also find instructions on how to use it when you want to cook rice, risotto or when you want to use it for slow cooking. There are also some delicious recipes inside like Creamy Tomato and Lentil Soup, Lamb Shank Ragu, and Risotto Milanese.
This is the removable non-stick cooking bowl and the Stainless Steel Steaming tray. The non stick interior reduces clean up time.
The buttons of the Breville Multi Chef:
- Risotto setting – Making Risotto usually requires precise temperature, controlled liquid absorption, and lots of stirring. The pre-programmed Risotto function controls temperature to absorb flavor, lightly agitates while simmering, and turns itself off once ready. Simple, delicious, home made risotto, without stirring.
- Sauté/ Sear setting – allows you to sauté and brown your ingredients.
- Rice/Steam setting – Let’s you cook rice and steam vegetables and meat.
- LOW Slow Cook setting – Gently simmers your food for an extended period of time
- HIGH Slow Cook setting – Simmers food quicker when there’s time pressure
- Keep Warm light – automatically switches on after each setting
The rice scoop and serving spoon.
I’m very much excited to try one of the recipes in the manual. I also have a few recipes lined-up.
I’ve never had a crock pot. There are a few recipes I’ve been keeping which I couldn’t try because I needed one, I can use the Slow Cook setting for those recipes!
For more product information and other products by Breville Philippines, check out: http://www.breville.com.ph/
Breville Philippines Facebook Page: Breville Phils