I had an awesome cookbook which came in last month. It’s called Healthy Cooking for Happy Kids and this Hot Tuna Cheese Sandwich came from that cookbook.
Healthy Cooking for Happy Kids is a cookbook authored by childhood best friends Katrina Ripoll and Lara Saunders. It’s a cookbook fro children but is aimed towards moms with health in mind. It features easy, delicious, and healthy recipes that both kids and adults can enjoy. Aside from the recipes, you’d also find clever mommy tips and healthy shopping guide inside.
It took me this long to give it a try because I’ve been kinda busy lately and I feel that life is attacking me all at once. I’m having less time online and I feel tired and sleepy most of the time. I wake up at 4:30am every single day and I feel that I’m running low on breakfast ideas too..sob..
Good thing I’m having a little help these days — this cookbook!
This Hot Tuna Cheese Sandwich taste almost like Tuna Melt because of the cream cheese and the grated cheese but it’s healthy enough because it contains no mayo. I found this jumbo wheat pandesal from a nameless bakery the other day and it seemed perfect for this sandwich. I was right!
Another thing I love about this sandwich? No used plates and easy clean-up! Thanks Leira for this cookbook!
To know more about this cookbook, please drop by their website: http://healthycookinghappykids.com/
Hot Tuna Cheese Sandwich
- 1 can tuna in water (drained)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 small red onion chopped
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cucumber sliced thinly
- *optional: 1 medium kosher pickle chopped
- bread roll, mini-baguette, ciabatta, or pandesal
- Preheat Oven to 200F. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and grated cheese until soft and well blended. Add the tuna fish, celery, onion, lemon juice, mustard, and pickle if using. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the bread by slicing it in the middle. Line with te cucumber slices then add the tuna filling. Wrap the sandwich tightly in aluminum foil. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Watch out for the hot filling and enjoy!