Today felt very much like a monday to me…. except I dressed up Ykaie in her P.E. uniform this morning and that totally tells me it’s a tuesday. peanutbutter♥ had a hangover yesterday and I think that hangover was contagious — I also had one myself even though I didn’t have even a single drop of beer.
Today that hangover was gone. Bills were paid. Chores were done. We were tired! To add to that, it was sizzling hot come noon time and the a/c was begging to be turned on. Except we didn’t because we were busy doing chores and no time to spare even for an hour’s nap to cool down.
We decided to have pasta for lunch because (a.) we were too tired to go out, (b.) we have these Clara Ole Pasta Sauce in the pantry, and (c.) it was very easy to make. Thanks to friends from Clara Ole Philippines from sending them over. It’s actually my first time to use it. I have Carbonara, Creamy Tomato, and Bechamel White Sauce. I think these are the sauces that were launched recently in the market.
I decided to use the Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce because the words creamy and tomato excites me…heehee. I’m more of an oil-based pasta person but I like creamy, cheesy and tomato-ey dishes. Remember this Tomato, Basil, and Cheddar Soup?
Oh, our lunch was done in 30 minutes and that includes the garlic bread on the side. The sauce was thick, creamy, and really convenient to have in stock for days when you don’t feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen. You can just adjust it to your liking by adding cheese or some spices.
P.S. We were trying to avoid drinking soda but we had a big bottle of coke with this meal. It was such a relaxing lunch.
- 3 cups fusili pasta cooked according to package directions (or any other pasta shape you prefer)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 pcs Chorizo de Bilbao, sliced
- 2 packs Clara Olé Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet then sauté garlic and onion until fragrant and translucent about 30 seconds.
- Add sliced Chorizo de bilbao and stir fry for another 30 seconds.
- Pour in 2 packs of Clara Ole Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce, parmesan cheese, and sugar. Stir with spatula. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add cooked fusili pasta and mix well. Make sure pasta is well-coated with sauce. You can add a bit of pasta water if you think the sauce is too thick.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve with extra Parmesan cheese.