Thanks to Gardenia for sending over a pack of their Classic Bread plus their new Gardenia Strawberry & Blueberry Double Delights and Cheese Bun the other day, I was able to join the celebration of World Bread Day. To celebrate, I turned those wonderful Blueberry and Strawberry Loaf into French Toast paired with some thick cut bacon on the side.
What I love about the new loaf is that it has ripples of strawberry and blueberry fillings and the bread was really moist ! I figured it would be perfect for french toast because you don’t have to put flavors or fruits anymore. All you need are milk, eggs, and a bit of nutmeg! Oh, butter and maple syrup too.
The Gardenia Cheese Bun Pack never made it to this photo…we attacked it when it arrived. It’s so soft and it has a delicious blend of cheese and milk that makes it perfect to snack on.
- Gardenia Strawberry & Blueberry Double Delights
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- maple syrup
- Thick- cut bacon, fried to a crisp
- Beat together egg, milk, and nutmeg.
- Heat a lightly buttered griddle of skillet over medium-high flame.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden.
- Make sure it's toasty
- Serve with maple syrup