Beef Bulgogi Bowl
- 450g, beef sukiyaki cut
- 1/2 apple, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Sliced scallions and Sesame seeds (optional, for serving)
- Combine the grated apple, garlic, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, ginger, sugar, and sesame oil in a large resealable bag.
- Add sukiyaki cut beef into the marinade and mix it all together so each piece of meat gets well-coated.
- Let beef sit in the marinade for up to 30 minutes at room temp, or chill in the fridge for up to 8 hours.
- Heat up a tbsp of vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Remove about half of the meat from the marinade and spread into a single layer in the pan. Let it cook until it gets nice and brown for about 1-2 minutes then toss and turn it to continue cooking until it’s cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cook the other half.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with scallions and sesame seed.
- Serve on top of Kimchi Fried Rice and with sunny side up fried egg on the side.