Just like our favorite fajita minus the tortilla, healthy, quick to make, and low carb — enjoy this Chicken Fajita Salad Bowl that’s packed with flavor!
It’s been five days after swimming in a private pool with the ILs in Tagaytay and when I open up the fridge, I can see all those temptations we brought home staring right back at me. We have Ube Jam from Good Shepherd, Buko Pie and Leche Flan from The Original Buko Pie, and Suman sa Lihia with Latik Sauce. Yeah, all the things I’m trying to avoid. They’re almost gone… (thank God! whew!) because I’m trying to make everyone finish it. I may have had a spoonful or two of the leche flan but that was it.
I think I’m getting better maintaining a healthier diet. Well, that’s because I really have a lot to work on in terms of health and fitness.
Ykaie had been my on and off work out buddy for almost a month now. She works out with me most of the time. For starters, I do 30 minutes cardio at least three times a week and I’m planning to increase it as days go by.
Anyway, let’s talk salads. You know I’ve always been a salad person. I mean, I love eating salads at home and whenever we go out to eat. Not because I’m trying to be healthy but because I love the medley of flavors and the crunch. I believe my new diet has inspired me to be more creative with my salads.
Meet the Chicken Fajita Salad Bowl! It has all the yummy flavors you crave in a fajita but it’s low carb.
I was going to put an avocado in it but before I could even blink, the avocado turned brown on me. Oh you know how those avocados are…
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!
- 500g sliced chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack fajita seasoning
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, lightly packed
- 2-3 pieces tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- mixed greens or romaine lettuce
- lime wedges
- Prepare the fajita seasoning by dissolving it in ⅓ cup water. Set Aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil and fry the chicken breast slices until brown. Pour in the fajita seasoning and bring into a boil. Simmer until it's a little dry but still a bit saucy.
- Remove the chicken and transfer into a bowl.
- In the same pan, sauté the onions and bell peppers until slightly blackened on the outside and the onions has caramelized.
- Assemble the Salad Bowl: Fill your bowls with mixed greens or romaine lettuce. Top with chicken pieces, onions, bell peppers, fresh tomatoes, corn kernels, and cilantro leaves. Drizzle with the Garlic Lime Cilantro Yogurt Sauce.
- Garnish with a lime wedge before serving.