SPAM for Noche Buena or Media Noche? Pwedeeee! Let’s make it into everybody’s favorite — lumpia! Let’s make Cheesy SPAM Lumpia.
Lumpia has always been a family favorite and it’s one of those dishes in the handaan that everybody eats eventhough they’re already full. Pakuha-kuha ng isa… papapakin. And I’m sure that everyone will love this cheesy spam version.
So easy to make! All you have to do is combine the SPAM, onion, garlic, eggs, carrots, bread crumbs, and green onion in a large bowl and mix well. Then wrap it in lumpia wrapper with a slice of cheese. Fry it in oil until golden brown and serve with a side of sweet chili sauce.
I wrapped this in a medium size lumpia wrapper so it turned out as little fat spring rolls. Next time I’ll buy a large one para mas mahaba.
Watch the Cheesy SPAM Lumpia Recipe Video HerePrint
Cheesy SPAM Lumpia
- 1 can SPAM, cut into small cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 carrot chopped finely
- 2 eggs
- 22 pieces lumpia wrapper
- cheese slices
- oil for frying
- sweet chili sauce for dipping
- In a large bowl, combine the SPAM, garlic, onion, green onions, bread crumbs, eggs, and carrot. Mix well.
- Separate lumpia wrappers into individual sheets and lay on a flat working surface.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of SPAM mixture on the lower end of the wrapper and fold tightly into a roll/log.
- Wet the edge of the wrapper with a dab of water to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture and lumpia wrappers.
- Heat oil in a pan, cook SPAM lumpia in batches until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on a wire rack.
- Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce and/or banana ketchup.