You can never have just one Lumpiang Shanghai! Sabi nga ni Ykaie, dapat daw unli Lumpia (unlimited lumpia) when I make this because it’s one of those ulams na you can’t stop eating kahit busog ka na. But you know, I seldom make Lumpiang Shanghai because I find it tedious to make. O aminin na natin mommies — matrabaho talaga gawin ito dahil maraming balutan ang nangyayari kapag ito ang iluluto natin.
Lumpiang Shanghai is a Filipino version of spring rolls usually made of ground pork or chicken, carrots, and kinchay. Sometimes chopped shrimp is added in the mixture for it to be more flavorful. Some people put sinkamas o water chesnuts to add to its texture. I love it with either because it somehow gives an extra crunch to it. Today’s Lumpiang Shanghai recipe is my basic recipe for it and it makes around 30 pieces of 4-5 inches spring rolls. It’s really really good — ang hindi ko lang talaga magawa ay yung magbalot ng pantay-pantay na Lumpiang Shanghai.
Di bale, pagpapractice-an ko yan .. LOL!
Cute ng white plate no? Dito ko sya nabili: https://tinyurl.com/WhitePlateHandlePrint
- 600g ground pork
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped kinchay
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- spring roll wrappers
- cooking oil for frying
- sweet chili sauce or banana ketchup for dipping
- Combine ground pork, shredded carrots, kinchay, garlic, onion, eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- Separate lumpia wrappers into individual sheets and lay on a flat working surface.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of meat mixture on the lower end of the wrapper and fold tightly into a roll/log.
- Wet the edge of the wrapper with a dab of water to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture and lumpia wrappers.
- Heat oil in a pan, cook lumpia in batches until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on a wire rack.
- Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce and/or banana ketchup.
Nothing beats the classic goodness of everything here! Our all time fave
Thanks for this recipe. Isa talaga din yan sa favourite namin may okasyon man o wala the best lagi ito. Can’t wait matry itong recipe mo..
Sarap naman. Isa ito sa paborito nating mga Filipino ang lumpiang Shanghai. Matrabaho talaga ito gawin kaya bihira lang din ako magluto. ?❤️
Thankyou for sharing po 😍 all time fav ng lahat .. kahit san pwede, d mawawala po sa handaan .. mabenta din .. the best ang lumpia sarap😋😇