Ginataang Gulay is one of the healthiest vegetable dishes I know. It’s composed of different kinds of vegetables of your choice — mine’s Sitaw (string beans) and kalabasa (squash) today — but you can also use/add sigarilyas (winged bean), eggplant, beans . It also has coconut cream and your choice of meat — you can put pork, chicken, or shrimp.
I love how creamy this dish is and it makes for the perfect ulam over steaming hot rice!
Watch the Ginataang Gulay Recipe Video HerePrint
Ginataang Gulay at Hipon
- 1 can (400 ml) Jolly Coconut Cream
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 300g kalabasa, cut into chunks
- 2 bunch sitaw, cut into 2-inch length
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp liquid seasoning
- 400g shrimp
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add shrimp and cook until it turns orange.
- Toss in kalabasa and sitaw. Saute for 3 mins.
- Add Jolly Coconut Cream. Mix well and bring to a simmer and continue to cook until the kalabasa and sitaw are cooked.
- Season with fish sauce, pepper and seasoning.