Paksiw is my go-to ulam whenever I feel like I’ve been eating too much meat or meals that are too oily. I feel like it’s one of the healthiest dishes because I grew up cooking it without oil. But you know, I just discovered a recipe that changed the way I cook my Paksiw! I now add a little oil and sauté the ginger and garlic in it. Mas masarap sya… waaah, bakit ngayon ko lang to tri-ny?
Watch the Paksiw na Bangus Recipe Video HerePrint
Paksiw na Bangus
- 900g bangus, cut into pieces
- 1 sachet 8g MAGGI®MAGIC SARAP
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pc thumb-sized ginger, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- 1 small ampalaya, sliced
- 1 pc chili finger (siling panigang)
- 1 cup water
- Season bangus with Maggi Magic Sarap.
- Sauté garlic and ginger in oil. Add bangus, vinegar, peppercorn, ampalaya, and finger chili. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and simmer for 10 minutes.