I’ve been on a slump lately. I’m in a cooking slump, diet and work out slump, and even a little bit of blogging slump. I guess I’m feeling a little uninspired because I’m overwhelmed with everything that’s going around here — the busy holiday season, juggling work and home, and all the things I want done. I’ve been stress eating (a little) too.
But I’m changing things around here. Just like how I motivated myself before, I am trying to motivate myself now to go back to eating healthier and to move. Healthier eating starts with this Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats. If there’s one breakfast item that makes it easy for this family — it’s gotta be overnight oats.
No cooking involve and you can customize it to any flavor you want.
What I do these days when I make overnight oats is I make a bigger batch — I combine milk, rolled oats, and chia seeds and then refrigerate it overnight. This way we can customize it to our own liking. In the morning, I get one serving and put yogurt, fruits, or nuts — whatever hits my fancy. Ykaie does the same — she loves customizing anything to her own liking!
Yesterday, we just want peanut butter and banana…Print
Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- ¾ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp condensed milk
- 1 tbsp peanutbutter
- banana slices and peanutbutter chips (optional) for toppings
- Combine all the ingredients(except toppings) together in a jar or a covered bowl.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight or at least several hours.
- In the morning, when you’re ready to eat, take oats out of the fridge,top with banana slices and peanutbutter chips (if you have them) and ENJOY!
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!